Wednesday, January 27, 2010

"The plot thickens"

The New Year has started out with a bang, and I’m very pleased at the direction it’s going. My search for support has garnered me a few hardy souls who are willing to act as beta readers, and they have provided some really good suggestions. I’m so myopic about my own work that it really helps to have new eyes to offer “what in the name of heaven are you trying to communicate?”
I asked the universe for a mentor and “poof” GCLS offered new writers the opportunity to work with a mentor if they planned to attend the June conference. So now I not only have an opportunity to discuss my work with one of my hero authors; I also have a deadline to get some work cleaned up and ready to submit in the next month. AAACK!

However, I wasn’t through asking for help, oh no. In addition to the valuable resources available online through yahoo chat groups, I also joined the Bella and Spinsters Ink online forum.

All set?

The only piece missing will be my ability to get to the finish line without shooting myself in the foot. Why would I shoot myself in the foot? Because, for reasons unknown, I have, on occasion, left promising projects undone. I choose to place the blame squarely on the malevolent forces known to me as...“The Sock Monkey Committee.” Come on, you know exactly what I’m talking about. Yeah, the voices in your head telling you that it’s no damn good.

Solution: The universe provided me with a life coach. Yup, I’ve got back up and a champion. We’ve only just started working, but I’m very hopeful that with support and encouragement and I will be able to take this ball into the end zone. (Super Bowl reference)

As soon as I get the first part of book one ready I will post it here for comments. Thanks for joining me on this epic adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment